donderdag 16 oktober 2014


Confess

He broke his leg, told and showed it to everyone
He loved the attention people gave him
In the beginning he told the story in 5 minutes
But after a week he needed 15 minutes to tell it
He was lucky to have only a broken leg
For the same kind of accident could have kill him
Weeks later I met him in the city
I asked him how it was with his leg
He said “Ok, ok, no problem”
I looked to him and thought there is something wrong
“Is something wrong?” I asked him
You’re so quiet and your face is telling me that there is something wrong
After a big sigh he said “You're right my friend,
something worse than a broken leg has happened”
I was shocked and asked him “What's wrong? Are you sick?”
He said “I'm more than sick, I wish I was sick”
I said nothing and waited for him to say more
“You’re my best friend” he said “I can tell you”
I looked at him
“The truth is…” he said with a pause “someone broke my heart"
“I was in love but she changed her choice”
“Better I broke my leg” He continued
“Don't say that, you could’ve died when that happened” I replied
He looked at me and with a sad face
He bowed his head and spoke softly "I was falling from a chair"

I ordered two beers

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten